Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Portrait of a photographer

I took a stroll downtown when the sun was just beginning to set yesterday and caught Kent Wilson, a junior art major at CSU, photographing the Corn Center for Visual Arts for an assignment in his Photography Two course. Wilson was using a field camera with a drape cloth so he could see the image projected upside down on the glass. The negatives are four inches by five inches which lead to very detailed prints, but his film holder only carries two negatives at a time. "I've gotta be careful because these negatives cost a buck a piece," Wilson said. The last image is a portrait of Wilson I made by photographing the back of the field camera with only the light that came through the glass. I flipped the image over to make it easier on everyone's eyes. Thanks again, Kent and I hope the negatives came out.


No comments: