Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Photographing one's personality



CSU sophomore art major Gina Alberici was busy setting her camera to timer mode so she could run and take a self-portrait of her feet, so I had to stop.
I chose to focus of her hair which I thought was really a part of her personality. Anything that gets in the way constantly and doesn't bother you has got to be something you really like and therefore says something about YOU. So here you go Gina, evidence to show your professor that you were working. I converted the image of her working to black & white just because I thought it visually read better and I skipped on the feet and focused on the light patches hitting her face and her hair falling through the bench on the second. If Gina sends me her favorite self-portrait I'll post it so we can see how two photographers see the same subject differently.

No comments: