Thursday, September 4, 2008

River of strings

I had the pleasure of meeting guitar lover Charles Fox along the Riverwalk today, and what a character! He had this brand new beautiful guitar with the tag still hanging from it Minnie Pearl style and was just jamming out on a bench. He had just bought it from Gorilla Guitars on Broadway and when I asked him if he had planned on buying a guitar today his answer was classic.

"I really planned on buying a bicycle," Fox quipped, "but when I get around a guitar I'm gonna buy a guitar everytime."

Fox said he's bought several guitars from Gorilla Guitars and they all play wonderfully, but his comments about the quality of Kmart's guitars were in line with Rainman's. I hope to run into you again Charles and we can continue are discussion on politics and the governments plans for our kind.

No comments: